- 2022 Emerald Cup Exhibitor Booth
- 2019 Emerald Cup Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 Vancouver Open Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem free issue – NW Fitness Magazine – Jan 2020
- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
Can you see it now?
By Ken Ralston
In my article last month on avoiding failure, one of the steps was refocusing your vision. This month I want to expand on the subject of vision. Proverbs 29:18 is often correctly stated as “without vision people perish” but I believe an even more accurate translation is “without vision, people cast of restraint.” People with no vision can make any decision because they have no real direction they are heading. In the great story Alice in Wonderland, Alice is walking down a path and comes to a Y in the path. The Cheshire cat is sitting there and she asks, “Which way should I go.” The cat asks her “where are you going.” Alice answers, “I don’t know” and the cat responds “then either way will get you there!” Having a vision will make decisions easier because
you can make them based on your vision. Seeing the end result is what restrains you from making decisions that take you away from where you want to go.
Vision is an often-misunderstood subject. We’ve been taught so much about writing vision statements that we have narrowed the scope of vision to just a craftily put together series of words. But vision is so much more. We’ve all been in a restaurant and seen a great vision statement about customer service on a plaque on the wall – only to be treated terribly by the staff. Really, vision isn’t meant to merely be written on a plaque on the wall, it’s meant to be burned on the tablets of your heart.
Vision in its simplest form is just
SEEING. It is seeing yourself in a desired future state. I call vision “previews of coming attractions.” When I go to a movie, I love seeing the previews. Have you ever thought of the purpose of the previews? They are to draw you to that movie. That is exactly what vision is! Vision draws you to that desired future state. Seeing it has the power to pull you to it. You have to see it to seize it!
Here are some suggestions to sharpen your vision:
1. Get one! Many people go thru life with no vision at all. Just going thru the motions in life will get you somewhere, just not necessarily where you want to go.
2. Narrow your vision and
NWFITNESS 14make it simple. It should be something that is easy to describe and easy to see. Remember, vision ultimately is SEEING!
3. Write it down. Habakkuk 2:2 says “Write the vision down and make it plain.” Once you narrow it down, write it down. Writing it makes it easy to go and review when times get tough and it becomes hard to picture it. Any vision worth going after will be tough and times like that will come. In those times, let the written form rewrite it on your heart.
4. Establish a dream time. This is so critical. I’ve established a time in the morning, before I get out of bed, to dream. This is my vision time. This is the time
that I play the preview on the big screen of my imagination. I SEE the picture of the condition I want to achieve in my next show, I SEE the workout that I am going to do that day, I SEE how my next conference is going to go, I SEE the marriage I want to have with my wife. Whatever your vision is, play it over and over again and let it draw you to it!
Happy dreaming! Until next time, train hard, stay committed and LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
For more inspirational work from Ken Ralston please visit www.high5.tv www.powertoproduce.tv