- 2022 Emerald Cup Exhibitor Booth
- 2019 Emerald Cup Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 Vancouver Open Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem free issue – NW Fitness Magazine – Jan 2020
- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
Create Leverage with Goals Jerry Ahn
Create Leverage with Goals
I had gained about 10 lbs in the last 6 months or so due to traveling and a sedentary work style being an aeronautical engineer. When my favorite pants weren’t fitting me, I knew that I had to get back into shape. I hired a personal trainer that I knew could help me reach my goal. Initially, I only thought about losing the extra pounds I gained. Then, it came to mind that I needed to have higher goals this time and I decided to reshape my body to be photo-shoot ready in 100 days. It wasn’t for a commercial or anything, but for my personal pride and something to look back at when I’m in my 60’s or 70’s.
Often times people set out improve their fitness level only to give up within days of starting. For many, getting in shape for the sake of getting in shape is not motivating enough to sustain the momentum to succeed. Your ability to self evaluate your motivation level and take the necessary steps to create the desire you need, is a vital key to long term follow through. Creating some sort of incentives or rewards that increase your desire may help you stick with your training program. What incentives or tools can you add to your goal list that will aid in your consistancy and follow through.
– Plan a get away or vacation.
– Schedule a photoshoot
– Enter some sort of contest or event
– Visualization of the benefits you will receive by sticking with your diet and training program
– Think about how you will feel and the elevated energy level you will have through a healthier lifestyle. How will you inturn utilize this new energy to live a happier life? How will this new level of vitality translate to those around you?
These are just a few ideas. You know yourself better than anyone else and you know what motivates you to take your fitness to a new level. What is going to keep you dedicated?