- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
- 2019 N.P.C Oregon State Open Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 N.P.C Tanji Johnson Classic Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 N.P.C Northern Classic Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem Free Issue of NW Fitness Magazine
Hike of the Month Barclay Lake
by Daniel Lupastean
Distance: 4.4 miles RT Elevation Gain: 225 feet High Point: 2425 feet Rating: Beginners, Kid Friendly
Located off US Highway 2 in the city of Baring, lies this majestic lake. Barclay Lake is nestled between Merchant Peak and Baring Mountain. Approaching the lake the first thing you see is Baring Mountain towering at 6125 feet. This massive rock surface is a perfect candidate for some serious hard-core rock climbers. The 2.2-mile hike to the lake is one of the easiest hikes around with only 225 feet of elevation gain. The trail is very easy and only takes about 36 minutes. The ease of the hike makes it great for kids and anyone new to hiking.
On the day I did this hike it was a typical rainy day in Western Washington. As the rain continued to wet the earth, I quietly sat and enjoyed the peacefulness of the rain falling as the fog silvered across the lake. As always with any hiking adventure, please pack your 10 essentials and give yourself enough time to enjoy your hiking experience.
For those looking to get a bit more out of their hiking trip, I recommend stopping by and visiting the Baring General Store. The store is over 115 years old and still serves as the residents of Baring as a functional post office. If anyone is looking for bite to eat, locals recommend getting their signature sandwich they call “The Fat Boy Sandwich.”
As always with any hiking adventure, please pack your 10 essentials and give yourself enough time to enjoy your hiking experience.