- 2019 Emerald Cup Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 Vancouver Open Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem free issue – NW Fitness Magazine – Jan 2020
- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
- 2019 N.P.C Oregon State Open Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
By Alex Akselrod
NW Fitness Magazine
Research over the years has led to the discovery that the universe is made of pure energy. Most of the things we see smell, touch, hear and taste appear, to the naked eye, as either gaseous, liquid or solid. However, quantum physics has proven that if you observe any object minutely, its atomic and subatomic levels, to the infinitesimal level, all that’ll be left energy, pure energy.
Quantum physics shows we are made of energy. Each cell in our bodies possesses a certain amount of energy, approximately 1.4 volts. If multiplied by the number of cells in the body, about 50 trillion, this energy translates to over 700 trillion volts. Immense, right? Well, with this energy one person can power and illuminate a city for a week. This energy is what the Chinese refer to as “chi” and Japanese “qi”.
Energy assumes different densities depending on the vibrating frequency. A thought is a form of energy. It vibrates at a super-fast (speed of light) frequency, making it to be an easily changeable form of energy. On the flip side, a rock possesses dense energy with a low frequency of vibration making it sturdy.
Newtonian physics says that the Universe comprises matter. Nevertheless, quantum physics and metaphysics have disproved the theory of matter by showing that matter and consciousness aren’t separate entities. It demonstrates that consciousness is matter awakened just as the matter is consciousness asleep.
It has reached a point in time where the gap between spirituality/religion and science is narrowing. Why’s that? Well, quantum physics indicates that only energy is while spirituality depicts that only the spirit/soul is. And the soul is energy.
Reiki and Qigong…What’s the difference?
Reiki is made of two Japanese words ‘Rei’ meaning universal and ‘ki’, vital energy/life force. Reiki is a Japanese technique of energy medicine used for stress reduction and relaxation.
Qigong is also formed from two Chinese words, ‘qi’ meaning vital energy and ‘gong’ denoting accomplishment/cultivation. Together Qigong means cultivating energy.
Both of these techniques deal with the energy balancing in our bodies. Practices of these techniques are performed in the presence of practitioners trained with the working and directing of this energy.
Reiki is a form of hands-on healing. The universal/vital energy is passed on from the practitioner to the client via the hands. The practitioner places the hands on various established parts of the client’s body to transmit the energy.
Reiki may also integrate a hands-off technique, whereby a practitioner channels qi energy by holding their hands several inches above the recipient. The practitioner can treat the auric field that surrounds the body, and can easily sense changes in the energy field around the body.
In Qigong, the practitioner manipulates and helps transmit and circulate qi energy through the client’s body without touching them. It integrates breathing techniques, physical postures and focused intentions to transfer this qi energy.
Reiki and Qigong purpose is to increases the qi energy. If one’s qi energy is low, they’re likely to develop stress and illness, and if it is high they’re more likely to be exuberant and healthy.
Neither of these techniques is superior over the other. In fact, if used correctly, they’re complementary. Reiki is excellent as a meditation and relaxing technique while Qigong focuses more along the lines of exercise, loosening muscles and building power.
Benefits of Reiki and Qigong.
– Releases and removes energy blockages on all levels (spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical).
– Realigns energy flow that can be used to promote positive thinking.
– Harmonizes energy centers thus helping to ease stress and balance emotions. Movements in Qigong can be refined to address a particular stressful emotion, be it grief, depression, irritability, frustration or any combination.
– Restores the natural energy balance activating the body’s natural ability to perform self-healing and strengthens the immune system.
– Increases vital energy and helps cleanse body toxins.
– Creates a state of balance in the vital energy.
Please contact Reiki Dome at (425) 417-2066 for more information about Reiki & Qigong.
40 Lake Bellevue Drive, Suite 250. Bellevue WA