- 2019 Emerald Cup Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 Vancouver Open Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem free issue – NW Fitness Magazine – Jan 2020
- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
- 2019 N.P.C Oregon State Open Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
NW Fitness Magazine
8 Steps to Jump-start Your Next Photo Shoot
by April Greer
You’re in the shape of your life, now get in front of the camera! Cell phone pictures are great for social networking but how can you expect to snag a fancy sponsorship, land in a magazine or a get signed for a modeling contract without the right images? f the fitness industry is an avenue you want to explore, or if you’re hiring a photographer for a personal session, consider these steps to get the most out of your next photo shoot.
1. Skincare-You have tan lines. Get rid of them! Try liquid spray tans with a natural skin tone. Spray too dark and you’ll have orange skin. Go several shades lighter than stage color. Do at least three days prior to the shoot. Don’t forget to exfoliate and moisturize thoroughly.
2. Timing- For competitive athletes, shooting the day of bodybuilding contest could be tricky. Fatigue, hunger, and exhaustion will keep you from feeling your best. Shoot up to 1 week before contest OR 2-3 days post-contest. You’ll feel better and have more energy to shoot.
3. Hair and Make up- Powerful photo lights reveal even the smallest inconsistencies. Request a competent makeup artist (MUA) who will give you the look you want. Simply ask the photographer for referrals or visit your local MAC or NARS counter. Its a good idea to bring your own extensions where applicable. Some artists charge a nominal fee to add extra hair and style it. Arrive to the shoot with dirty hair (washed the night before) to ensure tresses are easy to work with.
4. Keep it fresh- Wear loose clothing on the way to your shoot. Spandex, jeans, bra straps, these items leave marks on the skin, taking hours to disappear completely. You could save yourself the expense of retouching by wearing baggy sweatpants, baggy shirt, and going commando.
5. Clothing-Always bring more than you need. Always. Start a collection of your favorite clothing pieces and accessories. Set them aside in a special place long before your session. Consult with your photographer about how many looks will be covered. .
6. Say Cheese- keep those pearly whites in top condition. If your mouth can tolerate it, do a quick Crest White Strips application and a solid flossing Crest White Strips fall under $20 and have rapid effects.
7. Pack a lunch-Keep your stamina flying high and feed yourself throughout the day. Snacks like cashews, rice cakes with peanut butter, and protein shakes, keep your speedy metabolism in check. It’s not a bad idea to have candy or an energy drink close by, in case you feel yourself crashing quickly.
8. Know what you want- Nothing is more frustrating that trying to attain the pie in the sky idea without a clear goal in mind. Arrive with magazine tearsheets or links to photos you’ve researched online. Deciding what and how you want your photos created takes the guesswork out,saving you time and money.
For more details on fitness photography, please contact April Greer Photography at : email@example.com April Greer is a photographer specializing in fitness, fashion, and lifestyle images.
You can find her work in Flex, Oxygen, and on the Oprah! show. Her snazzy website can be found at: http://www.aprilgreer.com/www.aprilgreer.com