- One Male & One Female Open Class Winner from the 2019 NPC Emerald Cup will be on the cover of the next issue of NW Fitness Magazine. Vote for your favorite Open Overall Class Winner.
- 2019 N.P.C Oregon State Open Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 N.P.C Tanji Johnson Classic Contest Coverage – NW Fitness Magazine
- 2019 N.P.C Northern Classic Contest Coverage - NW Fitness Magazine
- Redeem Free Issue of NW Fitness Magazine
NWFitness Rut Buster Increase Pressing Power
By Ryan Riess of Imperial CrossFit
Position yourself in a regular push up position. Keep your back straight, place your palms flat on the floor and rest your lower body on your toes. Lower your body and push your body off the floor with explosive force such that your hands are off the floor in the air. Get back to starting position by landing safely on your palms. We suggest using a mat to help cushion the landing. Repeat as desired.
Bench press weight going nowhere? Here’s our tip to get you out of the rut.
Through years of training I have tried many different ways to increase my bar speed and pressing power. I have used chains, bands, and weight releasers. However, the most effective technique I have found thus far is the simple but often underrated plyo- pushup!
Explosive plyometric moves force your body to trigger fast-twitch muscle fibers. This is important because those fibers have the greatest potential for strength gains. Plyometric exercises will help trigger those fibers; producing a great amount of force in a very short period of time.
The plyo-pushup is my favorite and personally I feel the most effective in increasing your pressing power. The beauty is that is easy and requires only your own body weight.